Sunday 24 May 2009

It's a Sunny Day...

Well, what can I say?! The weather has taken a turn for the better and there's been tears at bedtime in the Premier League.

It finally stopped raining long enough for me to mow the grass and it was a good opportunity for me to move my sprouting plants from the conservatory to the garden.

I've planted the courgettes, leeks, Brussell sprouts and tomatoes, along with Pooky's broad bean which she started growing in school and has come on leaps and bounds. I'm still half hoping that I'll be able to climb up it and bag myself a couple of golden eggs, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, the roast beef got the elbow in favour of a barbecue - well, you have to take the chance when it presents itself in these here parts.

We started with the obligatory burgers, followed by a couple of nice Lincolnshire sausages and finished off with some haloumi on the griddle pan. We did have some steaks on standby but with the panini and salad, we'd already had our fill.

There was probably more I wanted to say but there's always tomorrow.

I'm just settling down with a nice Chilean Chardonnay and the latest episode of the brilliant Come Dine With Me. Narrator Dave Lamb is a comedy genius.

More tomorrow. TTFN.


The Bloke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Hero?

The Axefactor