Wednesday 30 November 2011

Veg Curry

Right, I'm writing this as much so I don't forget as to let you know the recipe.

I wanted a veg recipe that I knew I could gorge on when I'm training and wanting carbs and, as I love curry so much, there was only one contender. A veg curry.

Ok, here goes.

Sweat a sliced onion in plenty of vegetable oil, along with 6 cloves, 6 cardamom pods, 1 heaped teaspoon (ish) of ground coriander, turmeric, paprika and ground chilli, 1 diced carrot and a handful of finely chopped garlic.

Once softened, chuck in a few handfuls of diced swede and, the magic ingredient, 50g or so of ground almonds. Stir through then throw in a tin of plum tomatoes, the tomato tin full of water and a good dose of salt and pepper.

Bring to the boil then chuck in a few handfuls of cubed swede.

Boil the bejeezuz out of it for 8-10 minutes until it thickens.

Finally, stir in a tin of drained chick peas and a chunkily chopped red pepper. Turn off the heat, cover the pan then leave while you cook your pilau rice.

I'm not going to bore you with how to cook rice. I've covered it at least once on this here blog so do a search and you're sure to find it.

Serve up the curry with the pilau rice and a very generous scattering of roughly chopped coriander or parsley. Oh, and I'm eating it with a rather large and delicious glass of Rodolfo Sadler/Opi Malbec.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Hero?

The Axefactor