Sunday 7 June 2009

It's a Grand Old Team

Yesterday I purchased my first ever season ticket for the mighty Everton FC. My friend, Sles, and I got two tickets plumb in the middle of the lower Gwladys Street end of Goodison Park.

Pooky has never been to Goodison so we took her along as it was a good opportunity for her to see inside the stadium, albeit empty and with no turf!

We were taken in by one of the stewards and got to walk along the perimeter of the pitch. Once we'd chosen our seats, I asked the steward if I could take a picture of Erin in my seat before we left. He told me he could go one better and took us around the pitch to David Moyes' seat!

I took a couple of pictures of Pooky in the dug-out before Sles took one of me. Then the steward reached down to the pitch where there was still a little of the old turf and pulled out a chunk. He gave it to me so I took it home and dug out a chunk of our back lawn and replaced it with the piece of hallowed turf.

When Everton finally move to a new ground and Goodison is pulled down, there'll always be a part of the ground right in my back garden!


The Bloke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Hero?

The Axefactor