Sunday 4 October 2009

Pan-Fried Sea Bream With Pineapple Salsa

This is more to tell you about the salsa than the bream as I've already written about this before - here http://blokeinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/06/pan-fried-sea-bream.html. I wanted to do something a little different to go with it and remembered that I had a pineapple and plenty of chillies so I'd give it a bit of a Caribbean treatment.

I filleted, boned and skinned the fish myself but as I mentioned in the earlier recipe, you can get a fishmonger to do this for you. When I finally get my act together, I intend to include how to do this in my video content. In the meantime, see the above post for how to cook the fish.

To go with the fish, I did some cheat's sauteed potatoes. Take a few handfuls of new potatoes and boil them for about 15 minutes in salted water. Heat some vegetable oil in a decent sized roasting dish at 240 degrees (gas mark 9). Drain the potatoes and run them under cold water to cool them enough to handle. Cut the each potato into 8 pieces and season well with black pepper and paprika. When the oven is hot enough, take the roasting dish out and add the spuds. Give them a good toss and put the dish back in the oven for about 20 minutes, giving them a toss after about 10 minutes.

So to the salsa. Very simple really. Finely chop about a quarter of a red onion, a quarter of a red pepper, a whole chilli (depending on how hot you like it, seeds in or out - up to you) a couple of cloves of garlic and about a centimetre of ginger and a couple of slices of pineapple.

Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the salsa until the edges of the pineapple are slightly singed, remove from the heat and add a handful of roughly chopped parsley. Give it all a good stir and you're done.

Serve a couple of fillets of the pan-fried bream with the potatoes, the salsa and some fine green beans.


The Bloke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Hero?

The Axefactor